Friday, December 3, 2021

Four Days of Mr. Mom

Sarah got back last night from Mexico, where her cousin Laura got married. It was great to have her home. I was finally getting a bit weary of having the kids all by myself. The four days were really good, though. It was a different kind of thinking. I had to prepare the kids for day care or school and make sure they had everything they needed before we took off. I was easy on myself. I didn't expect myself to be perfect, and I wasn't.

The example of this would be Oak Creek Plumbing. At first, when they showed up, I felt overwhelmed, but then I got Dave on the phone and I felt like we reached a consensus. I also knew that Sarah was not going to be thrilled. She doesn't react well to change. I kind of felt like it was part of the flooring project, so even though it cost what it did, I wasn't mad about it.

I'm proudest that I never truly lost my cool with either kid. I got frustrated because Naomi just gets grumpy in the morning, but I never really yelled at Levi. I'm hoping to keep that up.



No comments:

Post a Comment