Thursday, December 21, 2023

Life- Holidays 2023

Ah, the holidays are upon us again. Nerves are starting to hit me for the weekend and beyond, but it'll all be fine. Peace is realizing that these days go by quickly and that's what keeps me present in these times. 

The kids- I don't know how to say it- seem to be hitting a different phase. Naomi's much more compliant in the morning, to the point where she's almost getting dressed without being told. She's so funny, and so are both kids, honestly. While she's the goofier kid, Levi's more excitable, with his "whaaaaaaaaaaaaat" becoming a favorite of mine. Naomi's such a character. She tells you a secret, by which I mean that she says something into your upper thigh. They're both getting much better at taking pictures. It's less of a fight. Only on my most tired days do I really get into arguments with them, because I realize it's just not worth it. You just kind of realize how little power they actually have, which dampens down the fear of them being spoiled. They're told what to do ALL day by teachers and day care staff. Do I really care if they have a few extra minutes of TV or tablet?


No comments:

Post a Comment