Thursday, December 28, 2023

Hits and Misses- Holiday Edition

Hit: Naomi loved the Rudolph figurines that I got at Five Below. She took them with her to the library a couple times.

Hit: Levi was disappointed not to get a Nintendo Switch, but was consoled by the fact that I bought him a couple games (which he counts as 5) for the PS4, including a racing game. I was worried about his reaction, but I think he's OK. And we didn't cave and buy him something he would get addicted to. At this point, the Switch is a great visitor, but we're not ready to adopt yet.

Miss: Linda and Mary Kay were more annoying than anything else this Christmas. Mary Kay was very rude via text. "Have some consideration for others"? Ok, so we want to do things earlier than you want to. Don't show up until when you want, then. And then she corrects people at the table about songs not being carols with that little smug smirk. Then there's Linda, who I generally get along really well with. Seven grandchildren under her roof, and I was left with the question: can't you just enjoy your grandchildren? She spent more time scolding them and outright shaming them. She chided Violet for quitting piano, asking what she would do at Linda's age. Eventually, Violet just rolled her eyes and said "grandma, can't you just let me live my life?"

Hit: Really enjoyed the time with Steven and Deric. Almost fifteen hours, and it was just an easy hang. Went to Culver's, played the Switch, watched movies. Plus the cool train they brought, which I have to figure out how to fix.

Hit: Not going to Danner brunch. The food's never that good, there's no room, and no one really cares about us there anyway. The kids have nowhere to roam and just wind up bored. Plus it's a whole bunch of Danners. Some of them are fine, but Greed brings out their worst side. (The "aren't we so clever" side that feels like scolding people.

Hit and Miss: I'm eager to go to Yellowstone, but do I have to share a house with Mary Kay?


No comments:

Post a Comment