Thursday, July 11, 2024

Precious Time

I'm a bit melancholy today, as I looked at this picture that I took on Sunday at Kayla's playground. It's Levi and Naomi, and they're just purely happy. Levi's got the most natural smile and Naomi's twirling in her "fast dress". It's already July 11. One month of summer has gone by. I know that they drive me crazy, but they're also just getting to be funny. The things they get excited about, they REALLY get excited (like the time we picked Sarah up right after I put them to bed).

I'm trying not to squeeze too hard internally. They also do drive me nuts, but it's true what Frasier once said: you don't just love your kids, you fall in love with them. 

Things I love about Levi:

His curiosity

Some of his mannerisms (if it's obvious what he thinks, he says "of course...."

His utter innocence

The way he plays with Naomi and the way we all play together.

Things I love about Naomi:

She is a cuddlebug and a hugger, unlike her brother

Her wanting to do things herself

The little things that make her happy (Swirl Lake, having the windows down).



No comments:

Post a Comment