Thursday, February 1, 2024

Life (oh lord)

 January sucked. It just did. 

I came down sick on Monday, January 15th. I was working from home because we were still recovering from a snowstorm and I had bad body aches from what I thought was snow removal. I'm just miserable in the basement. I had Bills/Steelers on and was just feeling worse by the minute. 

After I finished working, I went up and took my temperature. 101.1. Oh, it's not snow removal. I'm sick. 

The body aches wouldn't leave me alone for a few days. I missed work on Wednesday and Thursday and spent both days mostly in bed. I felt like a zombie, and the worst part was that I couldn't even rest comfortably. Most of my muscles felt like they were being pressed on really hard, or they were spasming. My temperature would hover around 100 if I didn't keep up with the ibuprofen schedule.

I went to see a nurse practitioner on Saturday the 20th. He prescribed some Flonase and these Tessalon Perles for a cough that was just developing. The Perles did nothing, but I picked up some Mucinex for the cough. He said that the virus just had to run its course and that it should go away within a week.

It certainly did not. It hung around and made me feel miserable for another week. The fever kept up and I went to the office once, mostly just to escape the house. On Sunday the 28th, with my cough worsening, I decided to go to the doctor the next day.

Dr. Sirus heard my history and listened to my chest. He told me I was the exception to the rule in that I did everything I was supposed to and the NP did as well in not prescribing antibiotics, but that my chest sounded horrible. He thought I had pneumonia and ordered a chest xray. Turns out I didn't have pneumonia but a respiratory infection, so he gave me anti-biotics. 

It's Thursday and I feel much better, but also a bit scarred by all this. I honestly haven't slept comfortably in two weeks. I feel like I'm owed two weeks back. I know this sounds dramatic, but there was a trauma with this virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment