Thursday, September 7, 2023

Life

September 7th. School is now back in session (or, for Naomi, in session). More adjustments, and after last Sunday (when I was a yelling lunatic) I realize that I have to be better at handling the kids' craziness. 

The kids do NOT know how to regulate themselves emotionally. Therefore, we as parents must be the regulators. That means not acting as crazily as the two of them. I can't be a screaming hothead, because then Levi is going to learn that that's how to handle things. It's not. 

On the other hand, it would be nice to not be called out by my lovely wife for things in front of them. I sometimes feel like I have three family members each picking, picking, picking at me. With the kids, it's the patience level. I can only do so much at the same time, but they want it NOW. With Sarah, it's the picking at the little details. It's up to me to make sure the jellos don't melt when I'm not even sitting there? Oy. I just need some peace sometimes.


I'm happy to be going on this trip this weekend, but part of me would just like to take a trip of my own and get away from it all. It will be nice to start the new routine fully next week, where I get a nice quiet house with Naomi on Tuesdays before sending her to school and breathing a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment