Monday, July 25, 2022

7.25.22- dear Diary

 So where are we at the end of July?

The month that was to be the gauntlet. John's Lake, DC, and Sheboygan/Green Bay, back to back to back.

It was a gauntlet in some respects. Three weekends in a row travelling called for patience with the kids, and they largely went without incident. The kids drove me a little nuts all three weekends, but in other respects they showed that they could handle all the traveling.

Favorite memory from July? 

Probably just going to DC with everyone. We managed not to get into conflict by just behaving like adults. I knew I was going to have to (possibly literally) shoulder the load, and I did. I carried Levi on my shoulders for parts of the journey. I also carried the stroller up escalators and staircases. I mean, next to Paris 2001, this was nothing. Our navigators paved the way beautifully, and we hit the Nat'l Children's Museum, Pi Pizzeria, and the Washington Monument. 

Least favorite memory from July?

Probably Sheboygan. Just being worn out and having a weary Linda was kind of a downer. She was scolding Levi a lot. 

Surprise?

Shouldn't be, but just the hospitality from my brother and Deric. They allowed us to pay for one thing the whole time.

Levi?

Levi's gone through a moody month, although I think some of that was the travel and the weaning off of YouTube.

Naomi?

She's been pleasant during her potty training. Sick in Maryland, though she recovered for DC. Kids also did the plane travel really well.

House?

Cleaning is helping, although the outside is just chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment