Thursday, November 4, 2021

Walking




Good lunchtime walk after chili today. Listening to Leon Bridges on a walk outside, my first in a long time. Not since Steve left, but a while nonetheless. Chili cook-off today. While the office isn't ever going to be normal again, I loved having something like this. And walking it off outside with music put me in a much better mood. My foot finally feels a bit better. 


So good that I'm going to Chicago by myself next month. Taking a full day off to go down there, maybe see a couple sights and see a play before coming back the next day at noon-ish. I can't wait to step on that train and only have to worry about myself for a night. 

I love my life, honestly. I feel like I'm more present in the last few days and not overreacting to either S or the kids. Levi's waking up at 7 on the dot, which kind of takes some of my morning relaxation, but that's OK. Tomorrow I get the whole day to myself at home. I think the only thing that would make that better is if I could swim at Innovative, but I'll give the Y a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment